:: Drinking :: :: Eating :: :: Clubbing :: :: Living :: :: Working :: :: Shopping ::

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Polka dancing and things in the eye

Another weekend is gone. As always more tired than before the weekend and will need this week to recover from it. And still, it was rather quiet. Or Sunday at least.
Went to a village festival with my dear friend Jaroslav and his GF Katka. Never thought polka dancing could be so much fun! Probably all the twisting and twirling, spinning and stuff and makes your head feel like a washing machine on max speed (or like a frog in a blender, speed 5). The guys in their lovely outfits added to the dizziness as well I guess, especially that front pocket of their trousers that looks a bit like an envelope. Double entry, I can definitely see the practical use of that...

One bad thing though, got something in the eye, some sort of inflammation. Inflammation does however not sound half as horrible as the Czech word for it though, zanet (missing extended chars, but sounds something like "zaaaanjet". That was a word that was only vaguely added to my Czech medical glossary - up to the eye doctor gave the verdict and I only knew that it must be extremely disgusting with such a name.

Got some stuff for it though, unfortunately not a patch over my eye as I had hoped. In my opinion, you sort of have to have something that proves to other people that you are ill or hurt, like a bruise, stitches or preferably half the leg cut off or best of course - no leg at all. When people can't see for themselves that there is something wrong with you it sort of takes away the pleasure of telling them the story about it and showing the scar and nice patchwork of stitches. Zaaanjet sounded cool, but in the end it was as cool as a blister, or sorry, not even that. Blisters are red and sometimes really nasty, that's cooler than a zaanjet in the eye. So...hmmm...what about wax in your ear? That's something that hurts but you can't prove to people apart from the "WHAT???!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!". And in that case, they might still just think that you talk loudly because you are an American.

Am having a picnic on Friday in the park to "celebrate" me leaving Brno. Hold on, tune in and be aware, there will be some crazy pictures coming up. (And Adam and Jarek, I will NOT add any of the "animations" from the biting session on Thursday. It is my blog and I will only add pictures where I look fabulous and you guys look stupid. NAAAAHHHHAAAHHHAAAAA!!!!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be probably sad, because:

1. there are no photos where me and adam look stupid...we're just two smart gentlemen, never screaming, everytime with sophisticated expressions in our faces

2.there are also NO photos where you look fabulous, because you were attacked by female man with "funny hair" (I'm not envious) ;).

So, I don't think that there will be any new photos at all :)

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home